- Checks to buy foods that help keep you healthy
- Nutrition and health information
- Ideas for getting your family to eat healthy
- Breastfeeding information and support
- Referrals to other programs
The WIC foods offer a variety of healthy choices. Your clinic will issue you “WIC checks” that can be used at participating stores in Nebraska.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Whole grain bread, brown rice, and tortillas
- Beans or peanut butter
- Iron fortified cereals
- Milk, cheese and eggs
- Baby food fruits and vegetables
- Infant formula
Call to make an appointment
To make an appointment for any of our clinics call 308-534-1678 between the hours of 7:30a.m. and 6:00p.m. Monday – Thursday.
Bring to your appointment
- You and your children who are applying for WIC
- Photo identifcation for parent/guardian
- Child’s birth certificate or social security card
- Foster care papers for foster children
- Proof of address
- Mail with your name and street address received within the last 30 days
- Current utility or cable bill
- Proof of before tax (gross) income for everyone living in the home
- Pay stubs or your Medicaid or Kids Connection card
Where do I shop?
Shop only at Nebraska WIC approved stores. Watch for this label on the grocery shelves to help identify the foods that are WIC eligible. Nebraska WIC approved stores will display a poster that says “WIC CHECKS ACCEPTED HERE”. Your local WIC Agency will have a list of WIC Approved Stores. You may cash your WIC checks at any Nebraska WIC approved stores in Nebraska.